Friday, May 21, 2010

Save your leftover coffee!


A few months ago, in a fit of frugality, I started pouring whatever morning coffee was left in the pot into a pitcher in the fridge. By Sunday enough had been collected for two large, Leslie-sized, servings of iced coffee. I had no idea how much coffee I was pouring out! Of course, coffee isn't incredibly expensive, still, every bit counts, especially these days. Turning your leftover coffee into iced coffee is a great way to have a cool caffeine delivery system on a hot summer day and to waste none of that amazing brown stuff!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love doing this! Sometimes I also save the coffee grounds in a jar and keep them in the shower as an exfoliator. The caffeine is supposed to be good for fighting cellulite! Not positive it works, but I say it's worth a shot!

Leslie Klug said...

Awesome tip, Aryn. Thank you!

Hera said...

Coffee ice cubes are good, too. My mother always used her grounds as fertilizer for her garden, but the cellulite tip - I am trying it!

ElwoodK_Rank佳玲 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Me said...

Just googled my name and found your site! I think there are about 10 Leslie Klugs online. Nice to make your acquaintence.

£eslie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.