Friday, May 30, 2008

TX Redux


Dallas was like a sauna. Or rather a steam room. A large metropolitan city-sized steam room. Other than that, the weekend was lovely.

I would definitely recommend Fearing's. Though I didn't order as well as my husband or his cousin, there were some definite hits and I suspect that the dinner menu showcases the chef's southwestern tinged creativity even more freely. Though if you go, try to avoid the waiter who resembles a hobbit. His speech was incomprehensible, he seemed fully unprepared to make suggestions and was perhaps unaware of the drink/bar menu completely. Very surprised to find such service at a Ritz.

Favors at the wedding were delicious pickled jalepenos from Too Hot Mamas. I've already used them in a recipe I will post shortly. Spicy goodness!



No comments: