Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cook's Illustrated Short Ribs

Some of you may know that in fall of 2007 I signed up to be a recipe tester for Cook's Illustrated Magazine. It's been a fantastic experience. It's made me cook things I wouldn't have otherwise, with precision I don't always display, and has given me access to new techniques.

We recipe testers are not supposed to blog about the food before the recipe is published, so I'm just going to give you all a heads up. I got the best short ribs recipe I've ever tasted last night! Yes, its a winter recipe in July, but we test about 6 months in advance of each issue. "Restaurant quality flavor" was the consensus. So, watch out for this incredible recipe (I'll let you all know when it's out in print)

Meanwhile, if you'd like to test recipes for Cook's Illustrated, you can sign up here.

Happy cooking (and eating!)



No comments: